Advance your career as a LCACP. LCACP certification allows the LCA practitioner to demonstrate a level of expertise in LCA practice and a commitment to the ACLCA Code of Ethics.
Here’s how to begin the process:
- Review pre-requisites for LCACP Exam
- Submit application with proof of prerequisitesmet and pay application fee
- Once prerequisites have been approved, pay exam fee (discounts for ACLCA Members!)
- Find exam location
Review LCACP Exam Pre-requisites
The LCACP exam us a closed-book 3.5 hour multiple choice exam in English. There are 184 questions. The examination covers: General LCA knowledge, ISO standards, LCI, LCIA, Project management, Data quality management, Post-impact calculations, LCAmodeling/software, Statistics, Ethics, and Emerging issues.
- LCA XVII, Monday, October 2, 2017 in Portsmouth, NH.
- The LCACP exam can also be taken anywhere in the world at your convenience. Find out about a Proctored LCACP Exam.
LCACP Exam Prerequisites
Prerequisites may be met by any one of the following:
- A degree in LCA at the undergraduate or graduate level (submit copy of diploma)
- A degree in environmental science or environmental engineering (submit copy of diploma), plus submitting proof of an LCA internship or externship (at least 3 months, shown by a letter from employer) or participation in doing an LCA (LCA study submitted)
- LCA skills gained through experience: submit an LCA that is either critically reviewed or published in a peer reviewed journal (study submitted: applicant must be one of the listed authors)
- College-level LCA class work, plus classes in which one has taken the following coursework or classes containing the essential skills of the class work:• General Chemistry
• Systems analysis or systems dynamics
• Environmental ToxicologyPlus proof of an LCA internship or externship (at least 3 months, shown by a letter from employer) or participation in doing an LCA (LCA study submitted).
ALL SUBMITTED MATERIALS ARE KEPT CONFIDENTIAL. Submission of all materials verifying the prerequisites must be complete no later than one month before the planned exam date, and may be either emailed to email@example.com, or sent via hard copy to:
PO Box 30075
Bethesda, MD 20824
Three-year Renewal Cycle
The LCACP certification requires renewal at three-year intervals. During those three years, LCACPs must earn continuing education units (CEUs) in accordance with the recertification policy. That document is updated occasional.
To pay for the LCACP renewal, please click here.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 202.660.0337 with any questions.
LCACPs must submit the form for recertification and pay the renewal fee. They must keep records for the CEUsearned for three years. Failure to recertify will cause removal of the LCACP from the website, and the exam will have to be taken again in the event that the individual seeks to regain certification. ACLCA reserves the right to audit records for the recertification system.